Wine regions are some of the most picturesque destinations in the world. But did you know that some of them are also great for beach lovers? If you're looking for a wine vacation that combines sun, sand, and the perfect drop of wine, here are some of the best places to consider.
Margaret River, Australia
1. Margaret River is famous for its world-class wine, but it's also a haven for surfers and beach lovers. With over 75 miles of coastline, there are plenty of beaches to choose from, each with its own unique charm. Some of the best include Surfers Point, Yallingup, and Prevelly.
2. The Algarve is a popular beach destination in Portugal, but it's also a wine region worth exploring. The region produces some of the country's best wines, including Vinho Verde and Alentejo. Take a break from the beach and visit local wineries like Quinta dos Vales and Herdade do Esporão.
Stellenbosch, South Africa
3. Stellenbosch is one of South Africa's most popular wine regions, and it's also home to some stunning beaches. Head to Strand Beach for swimming, surfing, and sunbathing. After a day at the beach, visit some of the region's best wineries, including Waterford Estate and Delheim.
4. Santorini is known for its stunning sunsets, but it's also a wine region with a long history. The island's unique soil and climate produce some of Greece's most interesting wines, including Assyrtiko and Vinsanto. After a day at the beach, visit wineries like Domaine Sigalas and Santo Wines.
Marlborough, New Zealand
5. Marlborough is New Zealand's largest wine region and home to some of the country's best Sauvignon Blanc. It's also a great place to enjoy a beach holiday, with over 4,000 kilometers of coastline to explore. Some of the best beaches include Whites Bay, Rarangi Beach, and Momorangi Bay.
Whether you're a wine lover or a beach bum, these destinations offer the perfect combination of both. So grab your sunscreen, your bottle opener, and get ready for a holiday you won't forget.